Monday, June 13, 2011

...to save the best for last.

You've been very patient with me as I have shared post after post of tic-tacs. I hope you have enjoyed it. Sometimes it's fun to take an idea and play it out multiple ways. This last one (for now anyway) is my favorite!
I love this little chicken! I loved creating a background with my copics! But do you know what I love most of all? I love how the white tic-tacs look like eggs! It makes me so happy! I can't help it I just love it!
Here's a close up of the copics. I used BG10 to create a sky and a little E00 to highlight the chicken's white feathers. YG 20 gave me a nice green field and YG23 added the blades of grass.
And just for some added fun I couldn't help but add this egg and sentiment to the back.
The egg is stamped and then die cut with the egg die. I added a little shadow with my E00.
I have to say that one of the things that I have learned from playing out this idea multiple times and in multiple ways is the idea of a front and a back. It's got me thinking about the inside of my card. From a design standpoint I'm wondering what needs to be on the front of the card and what I can add to the inside. This exercise has me thinking about how to continue the design, the fun, the "joke" from the front of the card into the inside of the card. I'm guessing that my card fronts will be more simplified and those elements that don't quite make the cut just may find themselves a home on the inside.
All products are A Muse Studio
Card Recipe: Stamp Sets- farm fun, egg-stravganza; Cardstock- sugar, cherry gingham (for that farm-y feel!); Ink- Memento black; Copics; egg die; white tic-tacs.

1 comment:

rini said...

This is so very cute.