Wednesday, May 18, 2011

...a challenge




It's moxie fab time again, and I so love this week's Tuesday Trigger. Isn't it cute? You can play along at http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/05/tuesday-trigger-some-royal-fun.html



I love the plate, the pink curly-Q cakes, and I love the little "let them eat..." cupcake flags. I know that it is in honor of the recent royal wedding, but the flags, of course, started me thinking about the oft misatttibuted quote:

"Let them eat cake!"
And once my inpiration leads me in the direction of anything French I find my Eiffel Tower stamp in one hand and glitter in the other....did you know that the Tower sparkles? It really does! I didn't think I could love it more and then I saw it sparkle. Love love love it!

As a result, I couldn't help but make this card!



I wanted my card base to reflect the two-tone pink icing. I decided to stamp the Eiffel Tower on sky blue cardstock to pick up the color in the plate. I added the little cake and colored it in with my copics. Since I didn't have a sentiment that I was looking for I just wrote it in with my copic multi-liner--problem solved!



A close up pic shows off the glitter on the icing. Hope you like it and that you play along!


"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!"


Card Recipe: All products are A Muse Studio--Stamp Sets: Ooh la la!, Oven Joy Harlequin Background; Paper:blush, sugar, and sky; Ink: bubblegum, Memento tuxedo black; Accessories: onyx twine, quickie glue pen, diamond glitter, copics-multi liner, BG10, B21, RV13, R20, R29, 3D tape.


4 comments:

Julie D. said...

So pretty, love the little cupcake!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the glittery Eiffel Tower! Great use of the Tuesday Trigger!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous - and I loved reading your inspiration process :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lara! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)