Monday, May 23, 2011

...true love.



This little card is to say "Happy Anniversary" to one of my favorite couples. Scott & Ann, I love you both so much and I am so thankful for the wonderful example of true love that you live out every day. Life is not a fairy tale and it is not easy, but you are a shining example for anyone who doubts that true love, forever love, is real. God bless you both!



The idea for this card was inspired by Scott & Ann's wedding. I helped (and am still helping...) Ann make a quilt with a tree on it that was the guest book for their wedding. Each guest signed a leaf that was then put in the tree. I stitched their intials and the date into a heart and appliqued it to the tree trunk (actually I think I still need to do the applique part...Ann let's finish it soon! sorry!).





The idea came to me the other day while I was thinking of other ideas for recessed window cards. The base is kraft cardstock and the piece of french roast was embossed with the woodgrain pattern and then sanded to show the bark. Then I cut a hole in the bark and mounted the bark onto the card base.



I couldn't resist continuing the theme on the inside, especially since in echos the guest book/quilt so well with the heart carved into the trunk.

Happy Anniversary! I love you!







Card Recipe (All products are from A Muse Studio): Stamp Sets-Essential Sentiments, Love Conquers All; Paper-Kraft, French Roast, Sky; Ink-French Roast; Accessories-Copics E31, E55, E57, Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Sky, 3D tape, Woodgrain embossing plate, Vintage Labels die.

5 comments:

liannallama said...

lovely! I bet the quilt is amazing--what a wonderful gift you gave!

Anonymous said...

Initials carved into a tree . . . oh, you clever girl, you!!!

Anonymous said...

So charming...love it!

Ann said...

Thank you! Love it. Love you.

KGB said...

Very nice. I'm impressed. Love you