Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a challenge.


It's Tuesday Trigger time over at Moxie Fab World and once again I am playing along. This lovely stack of pyrex bowls is the trigger picture and I have to say that it has been a big inspiration. I have more ideas the longer I look at it. It helps that it is in a color palette that is dee-lish to me! And as it has been feeling more like fall than spring around here I am seriously thinking about baking some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as soon as I finish posting this.


If you want to play along too (try it, you'll like it!) then follow this link over and get inky with me!



http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/05/tuesday-trigger-pyrex-effect.html






This is what I made today:




The pyrex got me thinking about my grandmother (those are her green pyrex bowls in the picture). I have so many fond memories of her, but sometimes I miss being able to make new memories with her.

The inspiration for my card was very much from the picture....the colors and the style. I had fun paper piecing the bottom of the card to look a little like the tablecloth in the picture. I have also been enchanted with the stamped letterpress look lately. Until recently I was not a very big fan of solid image stamps. It seems to be something that I am reaching for more and more! It's lots of fun. Also, I am liking how the paper piecing came out. Not something I would do to make a ton of invitations or something, but I find the optical illusion of the pattern to add a little something to it. What do you think?





I love how bright and cheerful letterpress can look. So simple. So colorful. No clutter. And it's easy peasey lemon squeezey! What's not to love?


Card Recipe (all products by A Muse Studio): Stamp sets- just because; Cardstock- sugar, french roast, cherry, buttercup, orange; Ink- papaya, cranberry; Accessories- corner chomper

6 comments:

blah said...

Very cute!!!!!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I adore it! I'm inspired to get my act together and play along. :)

Marlena M. said...

Wow, beautiful piecing! Very nice. ;)

Samantha said...

great take on the inspiration

Jessi Fogan said...

Woohoo! I think commenting is fixed - third try's a charm :)
I absolutely love how you've paper-pieced the pattern!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lara! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)