Thursday, May 26, 2011

guitars & glitter!

There was a Moxie Fab World challenge a few weeks ago and this card would have been perfect for it. I made it and was about to post it when I saw that one of my favorite Stampers, Julie Ebersole made a card that looked a lot like it (see her blog http://www.papertrufflez.typepad.com/ and look for the April 27 post), and had just posted it. Maybe great minds think alike or maybe I got lucky. Either way, I didn't post it in the challenge because it felt like I was coping, and although I do borrow (and give credit) from other stampers it just didn't seem to feel right for a challenge. Anywho, here is my card. I liked making the double polka dots. It's hard to see in the pics, but the kraft dots were run through my Big Shot and debossed with the mini polka dot impression plate.

I think it ended up being a fun "boy" card and that can be a hard thing to do.


After making the boy guitar card I found myself teaching a class for teenage girls. I had no idea what to design for them and when I asked for some advice on color I was told black and purple. It took me a while but I finally came up with this card. I recycled an old layout (that I got from Julie E. gee she has been helpful lately...may need to start making some thank you cards!) and changed the stamps and colors and what do you know....a whole new look!


Even though I do feel 15 years old when I look at this card I kinda like it!

I'll give you 3 guesses as to my favorite part of this card, but really it shouldn't take more than one!





YES it is the glitter! However did you know? I love the little sparkle that it adds. That is what the girls liked best too! Sometimes I wonder how I ever did anything without a Quickie Glue Pen & A Muse Studio Diamond Glitter. It is just the prettiest, sparkliest, yummiest glitter that I have ever used! I LOVE this glitter!


If you like the look of it and decided that you just have to have some too, let me know. I am happy to place an order for you or you can place one yourself here at www.amusestudio.com/larakalapacs.



No comments: