Monday, May 2, 2011

...the beach


I was in the mood to enjoy some crafty-goodness the other day, but I could not make a single thing. I had no ideas. NONE! So I was poking around online and I remembered a card that I saw and loved. Sometimes, even when you have no ideas of your own, you just HAVE to make some thing. So I copied a card from a very talented designer, Julie Ebersole. You can see her original card here:






and you can read Julie's own blog here:






If you ever find yourself in need of some creative juice, ideas or inspiration....Julie and her blog is a very good place to swing on by! Seriously beautiful and amazing stuff! Julie--I so hope that you don't mind a little shout out....or copycatting! :)



Anywhoo! So this is what I flat out copied from Julie! All the credit goes to her!



I had to make a few changes....I didn't have any craft sand hanging out in my closet just waiting to get used so I ran a piece of toffee paper through my Big Shot with the A Muse Studio tiny polka dot impression plate, sanded the dots to reveal the white core paper hiding just under the pretty toffee color and voila! sand...paper sand! I used a darker blue for my card base, again, that's what I had... I am a HUGE fan of using what ya got! Make it work! :)







This is what I really learned from making this card...coping Julie's technique-white embossing powder is amazing and a little bit of copic makes a big difference!



I love the white embossing powder on the buttercup paper! I love the highlight of the copic and how it adds depth and detail to my little starfish! This is something that I am sure I will be doing again. Note to self (and anyone who's listening): Copics are not just for elaborate coloring on white paper! They can do so much more and this starfish is a great example of that.






Hmmm, now I 've got summer on the brain.... let's see what else I can make....



Don't you just love how sometimes all you have to do is START the crafty-goodness and then it just keeps right on coming...I'm off to see where it leads me. Have an a*musing day!






card recipe: Cardstock-ocean, sugar, toffee; Ink-latte, sky, sugar; Stamp Sets-seashells, contemporary greetings; Accessories-twine in vanilla, polka dot impression plate, sugar embossing powder, 3D tape, Y17 copic (all products are from A Muse Studio)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lara! You so made my evening! I LOVE that you embossed the Toffee paper and sanded it to recreate the beachy look--so glad that you like embossing with white on card stock, too! AWESOME, chiquita!

Lara said...

Hee hee! Thank you Julie.