Saturday, February 5, 2011

...finding inspiration anywhere & everywhere.

So there I was, going through the mail and THWACK I was hit by inspiration. My Muse must have been getting bored with all of the housework and directed me straight toward a divine moment of craftiness. So here's what the Muses sent me in the mail:I love this catalog! Inspiration on every page. It makes me want to create things, and shop. I resisted ordering anything (for the moment) and instead got myself busy creating, not wanting to waste a moment of divine inspiration.

So here's what came of it:
My goal was to balance the concentrated bling with some blank space and simplicity. I started with the pink paper and then made the "bling." I painted a piece of paper until I was happy with the color and got the gold and shimmer that I was looking for. And then I added the twinkle stickers. I stamped the sentiment and then punched that out and inked the edges. I decided it needed just a little bit more. The ribbon that I had didn't work at all so I just colored it until I liked the look of it. Pop it all together and this is what I got. So glad I made the time to craft when inspiration thwacked me in the head!

Where do you find inspiration? What inspires you? What do you create when inspired?


Supplies: Stamps- A Muse Artstamps; Paper- naturals ivory cardstock Stampin'Up, pink Paris & Co. by My Mind's Eye; Ink- rich cocoa Memento; Paint- LuminArte twinkling H2Os in pink crocus & autumn butternut; Bling- twinkle stickers A Muse Artstamps; 1/4" pink satin ribbon; Marker- E57 Copic.

No comments: